The role is covered in the following locations: Bath, Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon
We are recruiting on behalf of a growing, global medical imaging company who are looking for a Field Service Engineer to join the team.
This is a field/home based role with a focus on Bristol and the surrounding areas.
We are looking for applicants to have experience working with imaging equipment, Xray, MRI or CT- this can be from the medical sector or airport/ security as well as ex-military working with radar/avionic systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• To ensure the smooth and continued operation of new and existing products and equipment, through repair of emergency breakdowns and routine service maintenance duties. To install new equipment and systems. To Install and demonstrate equipment as required in support of the sales team
• Repair a range of supplied equipment including x-ray (CR and DR) and mammography equipment.
• Maintain a car stock of spare parts, ensuring inventory records are fully maintained.
• Install and demonstrate equipment in support of the Sales and Applications teams.
• Respond to technical requests from internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner, ensuring customer service levels are met.
• Escalate to their Team Leader or Service Delivery Manager, in a timely manner, any serious or potentially unresolved issues which may affect patient safety and customer/supplier relationships.
• Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are adhered to at all times, reporting any potential hazards to their Team Leader or Service Delivery Manager.
• Gather information on competitor equipment and software and customer upgrade or purchasing plans, where appropriate, which could be of use to the Technical and Sales teams.
• Attend training courses both in the UK and abroad as necessary to develop and refresh knowledge.
• Carry out ongoing peer to peer training including competency sign off of engineer.
• Maintain records and complete paperwork in accordance with EN ISO 13485, ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and ISO 20000 standards being operated.
• Ensure car is maintained in line with manufacturer's service details and maintain the car to a clean and safe condition.
• Receive authority for holidays from Line Manager before booking.
• Carry out other duties that may be requested.
• Previous field based engineering experience, ideally within healthcare industry
• Educated to BTEC HNC Level 4 or equivalent. Electrical and Electronic Engineering qualification preferred.
• Networking with Microsoft windows
• Experience in maintaining, installing and repairing imaging / x-ray equipment from any sector, ideally medical.
• Ability to (on occasions) work away from home on installations or breakdowns as required
• Ability to (on occasions) work out of hours or weekends on installations or breakdowns as required
• Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills (both internally and externally), giving high priority to customer satisfaction and with the ability to identify and manage customer anxiety.
• Good organisational skills, with the ability to effectively report and escalate any issues identified in timely manner.
• Logical and thorough thought process, with the ability to think creatively to innovate and resolve problems. An eye for detail.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build strong working relationships with teams, colleagues and customers.
• Pro-active mind set and a can do attitude. Takes ownership and is accountable for own actions.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Drive, enthusiasm and initiative.
• Ability to work unsupervised.
• Full UK Driving Licence.
• Salary dependant on experience
• Performance Bonus
• Company car/car allowance
• 25 days holiday,
• Private Medical Cover
• Life Assurance