What and why is contracting within the Pharmaceutical Industry?
Interims and contracting (not directly employed positions), are in place:
- To create greater flexibility than that offered within positions referred to as permanent. This is because the employer has restrictions with directly employed positions.
- To enable talent to be recruited whilst there is no company approval for a headcount role
- To fulfill a fixed period or short term requirement
- To trial a project before it gains approval as a long term plan
The benefits of a Contract role include:
Financial Rewards :
- Contractors are generally paid more per hour or day than full time employers. This is dependent on the nature of the work and the need to be flexible.
- More flexibility for the contractor to negotiate conditions and pay.
- Contractors can gain a wider breadth of experience and knowledge through working with multiple organisations
- Contractor skills are frequently in short supply, so frequently a contractor will have a choice of work.
Work Life Balance :
- Contractors in areas of short supply, frequently have the option of negotiating hours, days of work and location of work.
- You are your own boss, between contracts you can take breaks that suit you.
Skills and Knowledge :
- You are in control- you choose the skills you want to develop and how you do it
- Working with different businesses will allow you to develop your skill set and gain experience within the industries you work in.
Why might contracting be for you?
- You seek greater financial reward than a permanent role
- You seek more flexibility than a permanent role would offer
- You cannot commit to a permanent role
- Your experience is more appropriate to a contract role than permanent
- The role you want happens to be on a contract
Why might contracting not be for you?
- If your skills are in area of low demand, contracts could be infrequent, this would restrict your income.
Pharmaceutical Contracting Jobs include:
Pharmaceutical Sales · Marketing Executives · Market Research Roles · Hospital Specialists · Sales Executive Roles · Brand Managers · Marketing Managers · Market Intelligence Roles · Nurse Advisors · Key Account Managers · Sales Managers · Primary Care Roles · Secondary Care Roles · Market Access Roles (pre launch) · Office Training Roles · Field Training Roles ·
Why choose Zenopa?
Zenopa success in delivery:
- In house, contracting department
- We liaise on your behalf- Required equipment, e.g. cars, laptops, mobiles, we negotiate with the employer source and manage these on your behalf.
- Our recruitment teams have built relationships with some of the UK’s most prestigious pharmaceutical companies
- Successful management of contractors, 94% of contractors complete their contract.
- Systems that work for you, as an ISO 9000 organisation we have fully defined systems that are regularly audited. You can be assured we consistently following processes that deliver for all.
The next step:
If you would like to find out more about current contracting roles we have available within the Pharmaceutical industry, please call the team on +44 (0) 1494 818 050, send us a message or email email@example.com.
All enquiries are handled in the strictest of confidence.
Keep up to date with all the latest industry news and sign up to our free E-lerts.
For a salary applicable to you, please liaise directly with your respective Zenopa consultant.
So that when internet jobs searches are undertaken, Zenopa generates a min and max salary range. This range is just an industry based estimate, it does not represent the clients internal salary bands.